We like to ensure our customers don't have to compromise on quality, so we're delighted to be able to offer fresh fish to our West Hampstead customers. No longer a high street without a fishmonger, you can now buy Murrays Fresh Fish in our shop, caught daily from around the UK coastline, and supplied to many of London's top chefs. The fish is fresh, portioned and ready for cooking.
Here's our recipe for a quick and easy Fish Pie, proper comfort food when enjoyed with a rich, well-balanced glass of Chardonnay.
- 1kg of potatoes
- Knob of butter
- Splash of milk
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 400ml milk
- 400g fish (mix of Salmon, Cod, Haddock etc)
- Handful of peas
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Handful of grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200/180?
- Boil and mash potatoes adding knob of butter and splash of milk
- Melt butter with flour, stirring regularly
- Slowly add in milk, whisking to ensuring no lumps or sticking
- Simmer for a couple of minutes to thicken
- Take off the heat and add diced fish, peas and mustard
- Place in ovenproof dish and layer potato over the top
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling at edges.