- 4 x Duck Confit Legs
- 100g Pesto
- 300ml White Chicken Stock
- 100g Smoked Streaky Bacon Cut Into Lardons (Strips) & Sautéed
- 100g Sun Blushed Tomatoes Cut In Half
- 2 x 400g Tins Suma Organic Haricot Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 100ml Double Cream
- 1 Tbspn Tarragon - Chopped
- 1 Tbspn Chives - Chopped
- 1 Tbspn English Parsley – Chopped
- ½ Lemon – Juiced
- To Taste Fine Sea Salt & Milled Black Peppercorns
Place the duck skin side down on baking paper in a deep sided roasting tin. Cook legs in the oven at 170C for 20-25 minutes or until the skin is golden & crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove thigh bone by carefully twisting out of the meat.
Meanwhile, heat the drained haricot beans with the chicken stock & cream. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the tomato, bacon lardons (already sautéed) & herbs. Stir in pesto, season and add lemon juice.
Spoon the cassoulet onto a warm deep plate, place the duck leg on top (skin facing up) & enjoy.
Serve with watercress leaf salad.